Monday, June 11, 2012

Been awhile

Its been quite a long time since I've been on here I see. The last year was pretty crazy, been a lot going on. Back in April last year I got out of the silver Peterbilt and into a silver Volvo. At that time the company was still under the rule that all new trucks needed to run out west, so they wanted me to take it and run it out west. Which I did, though  wish I never would've given up the old Pete. I did one run out west, then our company began growing so much that it didn't even matter anymore, so I started running mostly east and midwest anyway.


 Then in July my marriage of eight years, which was never too stable anyway, finally fell apart and I was divorced in September. Which time I was sitting at the TA near Springfield,MO one night and I finally signed up for a dating service offered by facebook, and a couple days later my beautiful girlfriend Jennifer messgaged me and we started talking on the phone, and when I got home I went to meet her and the rest is history. She has three wonderful boys ages 8, 4, and 2.

Back in March of this year my Volvo got backed into in the Loves travel center parking lot in Denton,TX and the hood was destroyed, just in time for the our new pretty red Peterbilts to be delivered, so here I am back in a Pete again! A 2013 model 386. Shortly after I got my new truck I got started on a new route with our main customer, a produce distributor in Ohio. I run produce to grocery stores in Oak Hill, WV, Bluefield,VA, N. Tazewell,VA, Richlands,VA,Christiansburg,Troutville,Collinsville and Clarksville. Then I take a backhaul from one of a few different customers we've picked up and go back to Ohio. I alternate 3 rounds a week and 2 rounds. So one week I'm home Saturday and leave out Sunday, then the next week I'm home Saturday and leave out Tuesday. It's an awesome schedule that gives me lots of family time and also make great money! Just got loaded at the Kyanite mine in Dillwyn,VA which I deliver in Columbus then back to Newcomerstown for my second round this week, So that's a brief overview of what's been going on with me for the last year. I'll be back on soon.  TTYL

~Rooster


























No comments:

Post a Comment