Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Day At The Ranch



















I had a load of Amish furniture bound for northern SD. I met with the store owner at a truck stop near Sturgis and we headed north about 65 miles on the pavement and 10 miles off the dirt road to a cattle ranch, about 40 miles from any town. The owners of the ranch also ran a business in which they build power lines for the oil fields. It was me and two guys from the store plus the two contractors who were going to build the new office.

They had been running their business from their home but they needed to expand so they were adding onto their big garage with an office. It was a bone chilling cold day and we spent several hours unloading chairs & desks & counter tops and all sorts of different office furnishings. By the time we were done I couldn't even feel my feet anymore. Once it warmed up to 15 degrees the locals were shedding there coats, I guess they thought it was a heat wave....crazy.

When we were done the lady invited us inside where she had prepared us a feast that would put Thanksgiving dinner to shame! It was all homemade, down to the whipped cream for the pie. It was amazing, they were very hospitable. So I hung out awhile and got my belly full and checked out the ranch then hit the road for my last stop in Salt Lake City.


No comments:

Post a Comment